- Have all boxes sealed on the top and bottom with tape. This prevents your items from falling out in the truck.
- Have all boxes labeled with their room destination.
- Wrap pictures and have them boxed and sealed
- Stack lamp shades inside each other and box them. This will prevent any punctures or damage.
- Books should be packed tightly in small, sealed boxes.
- Remove pendulums from clocks or have them secured tightly to the base of the clock.
- Grandfather clocks should be secured by a clock man.
- Have all fragile articles packed and secured separately in durable boxes.
- Have light colored cushions (couch, love seat, etc.) bagged in large trash bags.
- You should keep all valuables in your immediate possesion. These items should be moved by the owner: jewelry, watches, money, expensive artwork, legal documents, etc.
- Clothing may be left in dresser drawers. Hanging clothes should be boxed in wardrobe boxes.
- Wrap and pack small clothes.
- Dispose of any food that may spill or spoil in your new place.
- Have refrigerators and freezers empty when movers arrive. (Food, shelves, pans, & trays.)
- Have stoves disconnected, If gas, be sure gas lines are shut off tightly and capped. Pack any loose parts separately in a place you will remember.
- Have all kitchen utensils, pots, and pans clean and packed in boxes.
- Drain all oil and gas from lawn mowers and any other gas powered tools. We may not move flammables, aerosol cans, paints, thinners, guns, ammunition, or hazardous materials.