- Have all boxes sealed on the top and bottom with tape. This prevents your items from falling out in the truck.
- Have all boxes labeled with their room destination.
- Wrap pictures and have them boxed and sealed
- Stack lamp shades inside each other and box them. This will prevent any punctures or damage.
- Books should be packed tightly in small, sealed boxes.
- Remove pendulums from clocks or have them secured tightly to the base of the clock.
- Grandfather clocks should be secured by a clock man.
- Have all fragile articles packed and secured separately in durable boxes.
- Have light colored cushions (couch, love seat, etc.) bagged in large trash bags.
- You should keep all valuables in your immediate possesion. These items should be moved by the owner: jewelry, watches, money, expensive artwork, legal documents, etc.
- Clothing may be left in dresser drawers. Hanging clothes should be boxed in wardrobe boxes.
- Wrap and pack small clothes.
- Dispose of any food that may spill or spoil in your new place.
- Have refrigerators and freezers empty when movers arrive. (Food, shelves, pans, & trays.)
- Have stoves disconnected, If gas, be sure gas lines are shut off tightly and capped. Pack any loose parts separately in a place you will remember.
- Have all kitchen utensils, pots, and pans clean and packed in boxes.
- Drain all oil and gas from lawn mowers and any other gas powered tools. We may not move flammables, aerosol cans, paints, thinners, guns, ammunition, or hazardous materials.
Contact us today to learn more about our moving services!